Ways International Alumni Can Help Home » Alumni Groups » International Alumni » How to Help
International alumni located in geographical regions throughout the globe are capable of helping Michigan State University in many ways. Among the most important are:
- Building the reputation and prestige of Michigan State University.
- Helping with student recruitment at the undergraduate and graduate school levels, including assisting at student recruitment fairs and speaking to admissions applicants about their experiences at MSU.
- Providing employment opportunities for graduates of MSU.
- Identifying internships and study-abroad experiences.
- Indirect marketing of Michigan State University in their geographical region of the world.
- Finding overseas placements for MSU students.
- Fundraising, especially for student scholarships.
- Gaining publicity for Michigan State University.
- Assisting with curriculum development, chiefly related to their geographical region or their field of study.
- Providing research links.
- Meeting with MSU administrators, faculty, staff, and students visiting your geographical region.
- Supplying sources of invaluable local information.
- Monitoring local press coverage and, when appropriate, placing press releases locally;
- Identifying opportunities for collaboration between Michigan State University and other institutions (i.e. joint degrees, overseas study programs, etc.).