International Ambassador Home » Alumni Groups » International Alumni » International Ambassador
A Spartan International Alumni Ambassador is a volunteer who is willing to act as a liaison for Michigan State University in his/her particular geographical region/country. At times, this may include any or all of the following:
- Watching for and identifying MSU alumni that may live in your geographical region/country.
- Collecting names, addresses, telephone numbers, emails, etc. when you meet them and sharing this information with the MSU Alumni Association so the MSU alumni database may be updated.
- Allowing the MSU Alumni Association (MSUAA) to share your name, address, telephone number, and email address, etc. with MSU alumni who may be returning or moving to your geographical region/country.
- Permitting the MSUAA to share your name, address, telephone number, and email address, etc. with the President of Michigan State University and deans, vice presidents, faculty, staff, and MSU students that may be visiting in your geographical region/country, so they may seek information and assistance for their travel plans.
When representing Michigan State University as a Spartan international alumni ambassador, individuals are not required to plan any alumni activities or events, although any contact person certainly is welcome to do so. Also, optional involvement may be requested by the University to help with recruitment of students from your geographical region/country. In return for assuming the role of a Spartan international alumni ambassador, the MSU Alumni Association will:
- Contact you at least once each year with updated information on Michigan State University.
- Make a mailing list available to you upon request for MSU alumni included in the University's alumni database from your geographical region/country.
The key contact on the staff of the MSU Alumni Association for international alumni clubs and ambassadors is Claire Brender, International Alumni Relations, MSU Alumni Association, 308 International Center, East Lansing, Michigan 48824-2005 USA; email: email@example.com telephone: (517) 884-2131; fax: (517) 353-7254.