Employers Home » Career Services » For Employers
If you would like us to share your posting via social media (in addition to your post on the job database), email a link to your website where the position is posted or send a PDF or Word document to email@example.com and we will share it with our networks on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook as soon as possible.
Employer Instructions for Using the Job Database
Employer Registration and Job Posting Tips for MySpartanCareer.com, MSU's online job posting board.
- Go to MySpartanCareer.com and click on the employer button.
- Click on Register and Post a Local Job.
- Select your contact type to help our staff identify your focus within your organization.
- Complete all the address information; many recruiters/employers are from the same company but various locations.
- Once your registration is complete, the page will refresh and your posting form will appear.
Posting your job:
- Select your position type.
- Select your resume receipt option:
Email - you will get an email for each resume submitted
Accumulate online - the system will notify you at the job close date of all resumes submitted.
Other - you can indicate within a separate field in the posting if you want applicants to submit resumes another way; for example, directly to your website.
- List the Job Title.
- Enter your preferred criteria (e.g., class level, major, graduation date ranges). These fields are especially important if you have selected to restrict applications. If restrict applications is selected the system will screen the students on your criteria. If you would like to broaden your candidate pool and are willing to consider candidates that may be a fit for the position but don't have the exact criteria you list we recommend that you do not restrict applications.
- By selecting the 'Preview' tab you can see how your job looks to applicants.
To update and repost a previously posted position:
- Log into MySpartanCareer.com and click on the Jobs tab.
- To repost and revise a posting, go back into the system and select JOBS, under the single school posting; select ADD NEW.
- Scroll down to COPY EXISTING, and select SHOW ARCHIVED. The page should refresh and then from the drop down box you can select the position you want to repost and edit. By scrolling down through the form, you can customize it for this posting.
Here is a list of the current year graduation date ranges to assist you in selecting your desired class level & major.
FALL 2010 - SPRING 2011 (Includes summer 2010 grads)
- Senior = 12/2010 - 8/2011
- Junior = 12/2011 - 08/2012
- Sophomore = 12/2012 - 08/2013
- Freshman = 12/2013 - 08/2014
- 1st Yr. Grad = 12/20101 - 08/2012
- Recent Alumni two years or less = 12/2008-08/2011
- Alumni (More Than 2 years)
- Alumni w/ 2yrs exp = 12/2008-8/2009
- Alumni w/ 3 yrs exp = 12/2007-8/2008
- Alumni w/ 4 yrs exp = 12/2006-8/2007
- Alumni w/ 5 yrs exp= 12/2005- 8/2006
- Continue Pattern...