Alumni Grand Awards Home » Programs & Events » Grand Awards
Spartans strive to address the world‘s most pressing problems each and every day. The MSU Alumni Awards recognizes the best of the best, alumni who are doing wonderful things and making an impact daily in their companies, communities and for Michigan State University. Award winners are recognized each year at the Grand Awards Gala.
The MSU Alumni Association recognizes people annually in five categories:
- Alumni Service Award: Presented to those who have demonstrated outstanding continuous volunteer service to MSU and/or meritorious public service on a local, state, national or international level.
- Distinguished Alumni Award: Given to those who have obtained the highest level of professional accomplishment.
- Honorary Alumni Award: Presented to those who have demonstrated outstanding continuous volunteer service to MSU on a local, state, national or international level.
- Philanthropist Award: Presented to an individual, family, association, corporation or foundation with a proven record of providing significant, ongoing financial support and leadership to MSU. Their generosity encourages others to take leadership roles in philanthropy toward MSU.
- Young Alumni Award: Given to graduates 40 years and younger who have distinguished themselves through a high level of professional accomplishment early in their career. These individuals demonstrate a commitment to MSU through outstanding continuous volunteer service on behalf of the university and/or participation and leadership in meritorious public service on a local, state, national or international level.
Individuals, university departments and alumni communities may submit online nominationsat any time; however they must be completed in their entirety and be received in the MSU Alumni Association office by March 1.
MSU Alumni Awards nomination form (fillable PDF)
Grand Awards Gala
Award recipients are celebrated each year at the Grand Awards Gala, which takes place on Thursday of Homecoming Week. Event registration is available approximately six weeks prior to the event. Please check back for more information on next year‘s event.