Spartans strive to address the world’s most pressing problems each and every day. The Alumni Awards program recognizes the best of the best, alumni who are doing wonderful things and making an impact daily in their companies, communities, and for Michigan State University.
Grand Awards Gala
A slate of truly impressive Spartans will be honored at the Grand Awards Gala, held on Thursday, October 19 at the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center. The black-tie optional event includes a reception with hosted bar, decadent meal, and the opportunity to meet and mingle with this year’s recipients.
Date: October 19, 2017
Reception: 5:30 p.m.
Dinner and Program: 6:15 p.m.
Venue: Big Ten Rooms, Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center
Address: 219 S. Harrison Rd., East Lansing, MI 48824
Registration will be available in July.
The MSU Alumni Association recognizes people annually, who possess the utmost integrity and character to positively reflect and enhance the prestige of Michigan State University, in five categories:
- Alumni Service Award: Presented to Michigan State University alumni who have demonstrated service to MSU and/or meritorious public service on a local, state, national, or international level.
- Distinguished Alumni Award: Given to alumni who have differentiated themselves by obtaining the highest level of professional accomplishment.
- Honorary Alumni Award: Presented to those non-alumni candidates who have made an outstanding impact on behalf of Michigan State University on a local, state, national or international level.
- Philanthropist Award: Presented to an individual, family, association, corporation, or foundation with a proven record of providing major, ongoing financial support and leadership to Michigan State University. Their generosity encourages others to take leadership roles in philanthropy toward MSU.
- Young Alumni Award: Given to graduates of the last ten years who have distinguished themselves through a high level of professional accomplishment early in their career. These individuals demonstrate a commitment to Michigan State University through outstanding continuous volunteer service on behalf of the university, and/or participation and leadership in meritorious public service on a local, state, national, or international level. The candidate must be 40 years of age or younger.
Individuals, university departments, and alumni communities may submit online nominations, which should include two to four letters of support. Nomination forms may be submitted at any time; however, they must be completed in their entirety and be received in the MSU Alumni Association office by September 1.
Submit a Nomination