From behind the scenes, in the huddle, on the stage, and in hundreds of other places, Sparty sees Michigan State in a way that no one else does. Apply today to become part of a true legacy at MSU. Applications are being accepted through January 2, 2018 for the 2018-2019 mascot program.
Please attach the following when submitting your application for the Sparty Mascot Program:
- An essay (not to exceed 500 words) expressing why you wish to be selected to portray the Michigan State University mascot, Sparty, for the 2018-2019 academic year. You are encouraged to include past leadership positions and experiences you feel qualify you for this position.
- A copy of your 2018 Spring Semester class schedule (.JPG screen shot is fine).
- A report of your most recent semester's grades (D2L updates are sufficient).
- A copy of a health record or physical examination report (can be completed at Olin Health Center), no more than 12 months old.
- Proof of health insurance.
Selection Process and Key Dates
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
After reviewing applications received, the Director of the Sparty Mascot Program will contact those who have been selected to advance in the process via email.
- INFORMAL MEETING: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. in the Spartan Stadium Tower (3rd floor)
- APPLICATIONS DUE: Tuesday, January 2, 2018
- RIDE ALONG: Scheduled between January 16-22, 2018
If selected, you will be eligible to participate in the following aspects of the Sparty tryout:
- FITNESS INTERVIEW: January 22 and January 26, 2018
- GROUP INTERVIEW: TBD - January 30 or February 1, 2018
- SUIT TRY-ON: February 5-9, 2018
- TRYOUTS: February 11, 2018
*Dates are subject to change. Interested applicants should check this page for updates.
For more information:
If you have questions about the Sparty Mascot Program selection process, please contact Clint Stevens via email