Alumni Grand Awards
Spartans strive to address the world’s most pressing problems each and every day. The Alumni Grand Awards program recognizes the best of the best — those alumni who are doing wonderful things and making an impact daily in their companies, communities and for Michigan State University.
Grand Awards Program
A slate of Spartans will be honored at the 2023 Grand Awards program scheduled for Nov. 3, 2023. Details are forthcoming.
The MSU Alumni Office annually recognizes Spartans who positively reflect and enhance the prestige of Michigan State University in five categories. Nominations are due each year in the fall for selection the following year.
- Alumni Service Award
- Presented to Michigan State University alumni who have demonstrated service to MSU and/or meritorious public service on a local, state, national or international level.
- Distinguished Alumni Award
- Presented to alumni who have differentiated themselves by obtaining the highest level of professional accomplishment in their field.
- Honorary Alumni Award
- Presented to non-alumni candidates who have made an outstanding impact on behalf of Michigan State University on a local, state, national or international level.
- Philanthropist Award
- Presented to individuals, families, associations, corporations or foundations with a proven record of providing major, ongoing financial support and leadership to Michigan State University. Their generosity encourages others to take leadership roles in philanthropy toward MSU.
- Young Alumni Award
- Given to Spartans age 40 or younger who have distinguished themselves through a high level of professional accomplishment early in their career.
2022 Recipients Past Recipients
Individuals, university departments and alumni clubs may submit online nominations for consideration.
A maximum of five pages of supporting documentation will be considered for each nominee. To receive the strongest possible consideration, nominations must address the following in bullet or narrative form.
- Why the individual is being nominated. How has he or she demonstrated the characteristics outlined in the category description?
- Specific examples of how the nominee has improved the community, the state, the nation and/or the world.
- Specific examples of how the nominee has personally engaged with Michigan State University, or has engaged others in doing so.
- Any additional information you feel is relevant to the assessment of the individual.
The 2024 nominations will open in mid April 2023.