Trans-Siberian Railway ~ Mongolia to Moscow
Learn how Orbridge aims to keep you safe.
Embark upon an unparalleled journey through history on this legendary network of rails. Enjoy modern amenities, comfortable lodging, and exciting excursions as you leisurely traverse two countries by private train during this epic adventure. During a city tour of Ulan Bator, visit the Choijin Lama Temple before experiencing a performance of traditional Mongolian folk arts. Travel to the Mongolian Alps to wonder at the majestic landscape and otherworldly rock formations. Explore Lake Baikal—the largest freshwater reservoir in the world—during a short boat excursion and swimming opportunity. In Irkutsk, see the Okhlopkov Drama Theatre, the new memorial to Tsar Alexander III, and the market hall during a panoramic city tour. While on board the Tsar’s Gold train, partake in a vodka tasting accompanied by traditional Russian snacks and red caviar while traversing the diverse eastern Siberian countryside. At Kazan, see the Tartar mosques and the most famous Russian Orthodox cathedral. Also tour Kazan’s Kremlin and learn about the turbulent history of the relationship between the Tartars, the Cossacks, and the Russians. And finally, meet a local guide in Moscow and explore the Red Square, Stalin's bunker, and the Empire Tower. Also enjoy an exclusive opening for a private ceremony at St. Basil's Cathedral before a special lunch at Zhivago Restaurant.
Tour highlights and included features
- Five nights hotel accommodations and seven nights aboard the Tsar's Gold
- A welcome reception, 12 breakfasts, 11 lunches, and 10 dinners (including beer and wine while onboard the train)
- Full guiding services of an Orbridge Travel Director as well as expert local guides
- Admission to all activities and tours as described in the 14-day itinerary
- Private motor coach transportation for sightseeing tours
- Gratuities for Orbridge Travel Director, onboard guides, drivers, porters, housekeeping staff, Tsar's Gold attendants, and wait staff for included meals
- Airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times
- Optional Beijing pre-tour: July 30-August 5
- Optional St. Petersburg post-tour: August 16-19