Polar Bears of Churchill
We are thrilled to present you with a special opportunity to witness one of the largest confluences of polar bears in the world. Much like the bears themselves, visitors make their way to Churchill each fall when temperatures drop, brimming with anticipation. The reward: experiences of a lifetime. As polar bears await the formation of arctic sea ice over the Hudson Bay—to begin their hunt for ringed seals—they descend upon this tiny seaport town, forming one of the largest congregations of polar bears in the world. During this annual spectacle, it is possible to observe, photograph, and learn about these “Kings of the North.” The quality guidance of a naturalist Orbridge Expedition Leader and exclusive educational experiences, including presentations by experts at Churchill’s Northern Studies Centre and your local guide, distinguish this program.
Optional pre-tour, Winnipeg, October 31-November 2, $895 per person, single $1,195.
- Day 1: Arrive Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Day 2: Winnipeg / Flight to Churchill / Northern Studies Centre / Parks Canada Interpretive Centre
- Day 3: Churchill / Arctic Crawler Experience
- Day 4: Churchill / Cultural and Heritage Tour / Itsanitaq Museum / Dog Sledding
- Day 5: Churchill / Arctic Crawler Experience / Flight to Winnipeg
- Day 6: Depart Winnipeg