Registration and Scholarship Application
- Step 1: Initial Registration will begin Monday, March 6 at 10:00 am ET.
- Step 2: Class Selection will begin Wednesday, March 8 at 10:00 am ET.
Classes and Evening Activities
Unfortunately, issues beyond our control arise occasionally and require a class to be canceled. In this instance, the Grandparents University team makes every effort to find an adequate replacement instructor or class. All classes are subject to change without notice. If there is a class cancellation, the GPU administrator will place you in a new class.
Children attending MSU Grandparents University must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Please note:
- No more than two children can be accompanied by one adult. If two children attend with one adult, everyone must attend the same classes.
- If two children attend with two adults, each adult/child pair may attend a different class.
- No more than two adults may accompany one child.
- If you have multiple adults and children participating, please use the notes field to indicate who needs to room together during Step 1 registration.
After you have registered you will be required to provide the following:
- Consent form for each adult and child participating
- Health form for each child participant attending.
These forms will be available soon and may be completed either electronically or by downloading and sending them by mail after you have completed the registration process. Information regarding staying healthy during your campus visit will be sent to you via email before arrival.
Grandparents University Cancellation Policy
If individuals need to cancel, a request for a full refund must be made in writing by April 15, 2023. We will be unable to issue any refunds after this date since we will have already incurred a majority of the costs for Grandparents University. As a self-funded program, we cannot use public university dollars and therefore refunds are not possible after the cancellation deadline.
As an alternative to cancelling a reservation, you may register an alternate participant. Substitutions are allowed if the substitute completes and signs all the necessary forms at least 30 days prior to the program, and provided that the substitute matches the age demographic of the person no longer attending (an adult for an adult or a child for a child).
Grandparents University Scholarships
We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of scholarships for Michigan State Grandparents University due to the generosity of previous participants.
Scholarship applications will be available soon and are due no later than Jan. 7, 2023. Scholarships cover the registration rates for one adult and one child, including:
Scholarships do not include travel expenses or other costs incurred by participants. Incomplete applications will be returned and may impact eligibility if not received prior to the deadline.