Volunteers and Instructors
Impact the Grandparents University Experience
Grandparents University would not be successful without the work of dozens of volunteers who give of their time annually as instructors, photographers, information desk workers, transportation guides and in a host of other capacities. Volunteering your time is an excellent way to help create an amazing experience for future Spartans, alumni and friends of MSU.
Become an Instructor
Benefits of Instructor Participation:
- Showcase your area of interest to a new generation of students
- Select your own topic and class size (range is 12-200 people), and receive a stipend of up to $10 per person for class supplies
- Choose the length of your class — as short as one hour, or up to four hours — and have an impact on current and future MSU alumni
- List as an outreach/service/research activity on Form D for Recommendation for Reappointment, Promotion or Tenure Action (applies to Tenure System only)
- Participate in an experience so rewarding that 90% of our instructors teach multiple years
Registration to become a 2023 GPU instructor closed Dec. 15, 2022.
I really enjoyed the experience and look forward to doing it again. From my point of view, it was one of the most organized events I’ve participated in at MSU.”
- Make your classroom easy to find with signs! Download this editable document and fill in your building and class number to help participants locate your class.
Volunteer in Another Capacity
Are your grandchildren outside the recommended age range to attend Grandparents University? Do they have different plans this summer and can’t attend? We would still love to see you this summer! With the recent growth of Grandparents University, we are in greater need of grandparents and other volunteers that are familiar with campus and our program to help create a positive experience for our participants.
The 2023 volunteer application is now open.