The 2023 Homecoming Court Application will be open January 9-Feb. 7, 2023. If you have questions or concerns about the application or selection process, please contact Aimee Klevorn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Being selected to represent Michigan State University on the Homecoming Court is considered one of the highest honors for MSU seniors. 10-12 students will be selected to the Homecoming Court based on their ability to exemplify the qualities of leadership, spirit, integrity and achievement through their contributions and involvement at MSU.
Homecoming Court members must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a full-time MSU undergraduate student and will have at least 90 completed credits by the start of the fall 2023 semester, August 28, 2023.
- Must have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Must be graduating Dec. 2023 or later.
- Must be in and maintain good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Must have a letter of support from a member of the MSU community.
To apply, complete the online application and upload the following documents:
- A copy of your resume.
- A letter of support from a member of the MSU community.
- Your written response to three questions indicated in the application packet.
- A signed background authorization form.
If you have questions regarding the Homecoming Court application process, please contact Homecoming Court advisors Natisha Foster at email@example.com or Aimee Klevorn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSU departments, units, and organizations are encouraged to recommend a deserving rising MSU senior for the 2023 Homecoming Court. Members of the MSU faculty, staff or student body are also permitted to write letters of support for applicants. The Homecoming Court will not exceed 12 people.
A committee of MSU faculty, staff and students will review all applicants that meet the minimum requirements. A paper cut will be made and approximately 20 applicants will be invited for a virtual interview that will be reviewed by the final selection committee. All applicants will have their GPA, judicial and criminal records verified to ensure that court members exemplify the best that MSU offers.
The members of the MSU Homecoming Court will serve as Spartan ambassadors at numerous university and community functions. Some of these dates may include attending regional MSU Alumni Office events prior to, or after, Homecoming week. During Homecoming week, court members will be required to attend a number of functions, including the Homecoming Parade, the President’s Homecoming Reception and the football game, as well as other activities and/or media appearances. Additionally, there will be a reception scheduled with the president of MSU during early Fall 2023. Homecoming Court members are also expected to attend all trainings and orientations.
Application deadline: Feb. 7 by 5 p.m.
Virtual Interviews: March 13-17 (interviews are by invitation only).
Homecoming Week: Sept. 18-23
President’s Homecoming Reception and football game: Sept. 23
Alumni Grand Awards: Nov. 2
Please note: This is not an all-inclusive list of the important dates that the Homecoming Court will be invited and/or expected to attend. Any additional dates will be shared with the court as soon as they are finalized.
Benefits of Participating in Homecoming Court
The MSU Homecoming Court will represent MSU on numerous occasions and interact and network with alumni, students, faculty, staff, administrators and the public. They will also receive complimentary tickets for themselves and two (2) guests to the President’s Homecoming Reception and the football game. Serving as a Spartan ambassador provides court members the opportunity to give back to MSU and represent the richness and diversity of MSU students.
All application materials are to be submitted by 5 p.m., Feb. 7. Late applications will not be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions
I submitted my application but need to make changes. What do I do? Don’t worry, there’s no need to submit a new application. Simply email any revisions or missing attachments to Natisha Foster at email@example.com.
- Is the application deadline flexible? In order to review all candidates’ applications, the deadline isn’t flexible. Your application, letter of support, written response and Background Review and Authorization form must be completed and submitted by the deadline.
- Do I physically have to be in East Lansing for the fall 2023 semester? The members of the 2023 MSU Homecoming Court will serve as Spartan ambassadors at numerous university and community functions. Therefore, members cannot be away on a study abroad trip or committed to an out-of-town internship.
- I am graduating in Dec. 2023. Am I still eligible? Yes, as long as you are physically on campus for the fall 2023 semester and meet all other requirements.
Do you have other questions? If you have questions regarding the Homecoming Court application process, please contact Homecoming Court advisers, Natisha Foster, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Aimee Klevorn at email@example.com.