See Spartan Nation in a Whole New Way
From behind the scenes, in the huddle, on the stage and in hundreds of other places, Sparty sees Michigan State University in a way that no one else does. Do you have what it takes to wear Sparty's boots?
Don't look back and wish you had. Application closes Friday, Oct. 1.
- Be an enrolled, full-time undergraduate student (minimum of 12 credits) in good standing at Michigan State University.
- Be between 5’9” and 6’2” tall with shoes on in the suit.
- Be able to fit comfortably in the suit.
- Successfully pass the Criminal Background Check Authorization and Consent Form.
- Successfully pass the MSU Driver Certification form or out-of-state driver records.
- Maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average.
- Have a graduation date of Spring 2023 or later.
The following attachments are required when submitting an application for the Sparty Mascot Program:
- An essay (not to exceed 500 words) expressing why you wish to be selected to portray the Michigan State University mascot, Sparty. You are encouraged to include past leadership positions and experiences you feel qualify you for this position.
- A copy of your current class schedule (.JPG screen shot is fine).
- A report of your most recent semester's grades (D2L updates are sufficient).
- A copy of a health record or physical examination report (can be completed at Olin Health Center), no more than 12 months old.
- A signed copy of the Student Employment Criminal Background Check Authorization Form.
- A signed copy of the Sparty Mascot Program Confidentiality Statement.
- A signed copy of the Driver Record Check Form. Please note this form is for Michigan students. Out-of-state students will need to go to their state's DMV to get the information and attach their home state's driving record report.
- Proof of health insurance.