See Spartan Nation in a Whole New Way
From behind the scenes, in the huddle, on the stage and in hundreds of other places, Sparty sees Michigan State University in a way that no one else does. Do you have what it takes to wear Sparty's boots? Don't look back and wish you had.
In order to apply to portray Sparty, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be an enrolled, full-time undergraduate student (minimum of 12 credits) in good standing at Michigan State University.
- Be between 5'9" and 6'2" tall without shoes on.
- Be able to fit comfortably in the suit.
- Successfully pass the Criminal Background Check Authorization and Consent Form.
- Successfully pass the MSU Driver Certification Form or out-of-state driver records.
- Maintain a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average.
- Have a graduation date of Spring 2026 or later.
The attachments listed below are required when submitting an application for the Sparty Mascot Program. Please use blue or black ink only on the forms.
- A completed application form with manual signature.
- An essay (not to exceed 500 words) expressing why you wish to be selected to portray the Michigan State University mascot, Sparty. You are encouraged to include past leadership positions and experiences you feel qualify you for this position. Please type your response and include it with the other requested materials.
- A copy of a health record or physical examination report (can be completed at Olin Health Center), no more than 12 months old.
- A signed copy of the Student Employment Criminal Background Check Authorization Form.
- A signed copy of the Sparty Mascot Program Confidentiality Statement.
- A signed copy of the MSU Driver Certification Form. Please note this form is for Michigan students. Out-of-state students will need to go to their state's DMV to get the information and attach their home state's driving record report.
- A copy of your driver's license.
- Proof of health insurance.
- A copy of the front and back of your MSU student ID.
- A copy of your fall 2023 class schedule.
- Attend the mandatory informational meeting on Sept. 24, 2023 at 4 p.m.
The above application requirement can be submitted the following ways:
- Email documents to Jill Wesley, email@example.com.
- Mail documents to Jill Wesley, 535 Chestnut Rd, Room 300, East Lansing, MI 48824.
- Drop off at Spartan Stadium Tower, 3rd floor reception desk within Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-4 p.m.