What We Do Home » Career Services
MSU Alumni Career Services is in the business of helping Spartans find career paths they can be passionate about, and is actively working to build a community of Spartans who will help other Spartans get where they want to go.
Unfortunately, it is not within our scope of practice to place people directly in jobs. However, what we can do is help Spartans enhance their own efforts through the following services:
- One of the largest alumni groups on LinkedIn - tens of thousands of Spartans have joined already and the group is growing every day! MSUAA members should also check out MSUAA's directory and regional clubs to find alumni in your area.
- Professional Series Webinars: The MSU Alumni Association invites Spartans by degree and Spartans at heart to participate in our live webcast offerings occurring the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m. EST. Topics relating to professional development, job search strategy, talent recruitment/development, personal enrichment, technology and business trends will be covered. The webcasts are free, but registration is required in order to receive links to and reminders of events.
- A blog full of inspiration, ideas, and helpful tips contributed by a diverse array of Spartans to move you onward to your next step: www.spartanshelpingspartans.com
- Workshops and seminars (in person and online) related to professional and personal enrichment topics. Additionally, we collaborate with the MSU community and outside business partners to create access to networking and professional development events for MSU alumni. (Watch for announcements about these on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.)
- Access to job leads through our interactive groups on our LinkedIn group and on Twitter: #msujobs. For your convenience, we have also included links to several job databases and other resources throughout the "Careers" portion of the MSUAA website.
All of our services are free to all MSU alumni who have been out of school for more than one year (students and recent graduates can get help from the Career Service Network.)
All services are paid for by membership dues, so if you like what we do then please consider helping us keep our services free by joining the MSUAA! (Donations are also accepted, but please let us know that you want your gift to go to "MSUAA Career Services." Thanks!)
For more questions about how MSU Alumni Career Services can assist you, we are happy to help. (Please note that due to the volume of requests, it may take several days to respond to you.)
Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Go Green!