MSU Homecoming 2015 Home » Programs & Events » Homecoming
From musical composers, to championship athletes, to leading researchers, Michigan State University has numerous alumni who have done extraordinary things on the world's stages.
The 2015 MSU Homecoming Parade begins at 6:00 p.m. on Friday, October 2.
- Route: Begins at Hannah Community Center, travels down Abbot to Grand River and into campus at the Collingwood entrance.
- Includes: the Spartan Marching Band, the MSU Alumni Band, the MSU Cheerleaders and Dance Team, student organizations, Greek sororities and fraternities, East Lansing community groups, Michigan high school bands and much more.
- Homecoming Week - Monday, September 28-Saturday, October 3
- Homecoming Parade - Friday, October 2
- Homecoming Football Game vs. Purdue Boilermakers - Saturday, October 3
As a top musical arranger and orchestrator, 2015 Grand Marshal and 1955 MSU alumnus William Brohn has composed scores for some of the most popular shows on Broadway including Miss Saigon, Ragtime and Wicked. He won a Tony Award for Best Orchestrations for Ragtime and has won the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Orchestrations three times.
Many activities are scheduled for Homecoming, including week-long campus and student events, the Homecoming Parade, college events, the Grand Awards Gala, the Green and White pre-game brunch, the MSU Families @ Homecoming pre-game tailgate and the Homecoming football game versus the Purdue Boilermakers! Don't forget to show your Spartan Spirit by "glowing green."