Vancouver to Toronto by Rail
Join this once-in-a-lifetime train trip across Canada—a small-group journey (26 guests maximum) from Vancouver across the expanse of five provinces, from the Pacific Northwest through the Canadian Rockies. Enjoy upgraded Prestige Class premium accommodations onboard VIA Rail’s The Canadian, providing the perfect combination of modern and elegant cabins, private concierge service, delightful meals prepared by onboard chefs, all-inclusive bar service, and observation cars that allow for unobstructed viewing of Canada’s great wilderness. This is what travel was meant to be. And with time to explore Victoria, Niagara Falls, and Toronto during the optional pre-tour and post-tour, it’s a unique opportunity to get to know the beauty and history of our northern neighbor.
- Optional 2-night pre-tour, Victoria, British Columbia., Sept. 27-29
- Optional 2-night post-tour, Niagara Falls & Toronto, October 5-7
VIA Rail Canada, like other passenger railways in North America, operates on tracks owned by freight companies. While VIA Rail strives for on-time departures and arrivals, increased freight traffic on the railway will often cause delays. These delays could result in delayed departure from Vancouver, delayed arrival into Toronto, and shortened / limited time off of the train. Onboard services are guaranteed and any changes to the schedule will be communicated and updated as the journey continues.
- Day 1: Arrive in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Day 2: Vancouver / Board VIA Rail’s The Canadian
- Day 3: Kamloops / Jasper, Alberta / Edmonton
- Day 4: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan / Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Day 5: Hornepayne, Ontario
- Day 6: Toronto
- Day 7: Toronto / Depart for U.S.